This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully. If you have any questions, please contact our privacy officer at the address or phone number at the bottom of this notice.
Who will follow this notice?
Incyte Diagnostics provides laboratory services to our patients in partnership with other professionals and health care organization. The information privacy practices in this notice will be followed by any healthcare professional who handles your health information at any of our following locations:
- Main Lab: 13103 E. Mansfield, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
- Tukwila Lab: 12501 E Marginal Way S., Suite 130, Tukwila, WA 98168
- Richland Lab: 221 Wellsian Way, Richland, WA 99352
- Clinical Lab: 15912 E Marietta Ave, Suite B, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
- PSC and Lab Location: 750 N Syringa, Suite 101, Post Falls, ID 83854
- PSC and Lab Location: 55 W Tietan St, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- PSC Location: 12615 E Mission Ave, Suite 108, Spokane Valley, WA 99216
- PSC Location: 1307 S Grand Blvd, Spokane WA 99202
- PSC Location: 318 E Rowan Ave, Suite 205, Spokane, WA 99207
- PSC Location: 9631 N Nevada St, Suite 210, Spokane, WA 99218
- PSC Location: 105 W Prairie Shopping Center, Hayden, ID 83835
- PSC Location: 3001 St Anthony Way, Suite 107, Pendleton, OR 97801
- PSC Location: 22180 NW Olympic College Way, Poulsbo, WA 98370
- IOP Location: 315 W Dalton Ave, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815
- IOP Location: 905 E D St, Deer Park, WA 99006
- IOP Location: 105 W 8th, Suite 6020, Spokane, WA 99204
- IOP Location: 7173 E Super 1 Loop, Athol, ID 83801
Each of these facilities may share your health information for coordination of care, treatment, payment or healthcare operations purposes. Pathologists and employees working within a hospital will follow the privacy practices of that institution.
Our pledge to you
We understand that medical information about you is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. We create a record of the services you receive to provide quality care and to comply with legal requirements. This notice applies to all of the records of your care generated by any of the separate facilities and providers described above. We are required by law to keep medical information about you private.
How we may use and disclose medical information about you
- We may use and disclose medical information about you without your prior authorization for pathology services (such as sending medical information to other physicians for consultation); to obtain payment for services (such as sending billing information to your insurance company or Medicare); and support of our healthcare operations (such as comparing patient data to improve services or for professional educational purposes).
- We may also use or disclose medical information about you without your prior authorization for several other reasons. Subject to certain requirements, we may use and disclose our medical information about you, without prior authorization for public health purposes, abuse or neglect reporting, health oversight audits and inspections, medical examiners, funeral arrangements and organ donation, workers’ compensation purposes, emergencies, national security and other specialized government functions, and for members of the Armed Forces as required by Military Command authorities. We also disclose medical information when required by law, such as in response to a request from law enforcement in specific circumstances, or in response to valid judicial or administrative orders or other legal processes.
- Under certain circumstances, we may also use and disclose health information about you for research purposes, subject to a special approval process. We may also allow potential researchers to review information that may help them prepare for research, so long as the health information they review does not leave our facility, and so long as they agree to specific privacy protections.
- We may also disclose medical information about you to a friend or family member whom you designate or in appropriate circumstances, unless you request a restriction.
- In any other situation not covered by this notice we will ask for your written authorization before using or disclosing information about you. If you choose to authorize use or disclosure, you can later revoke that authorization by notifying us in writing of your decision.
- We may not disclose medical information for marketing purposes or sell your medical information without written authorization from you.
Right to Access and/or Amend Your Records
- In most cases, you have the right to look at or get a copy of medical information that we use to make decisions about your care, when you submit a written request. Copies of your medical information may also be delivered in a hard copy or electronic format provided we have the capability to deliver it in the format you desire. If you request copies, we may charge a fee for the cost of copying, mailing, or other related supplies. If we deny your request to review or obtain a copy, you may submit a written request for review of that decision.
- If you believe that information in your record is incorrect or that important information is missing, you have the right to request that we correct the records, by submitting a request in writing that provides your reason for requesting the amendment. We could deny your request to amend a record if the information is not maintained by us; or if we determine that your record is inaccurate. You may submit a written statement of disagreement with us regarding your disagreement with our decision not to amend a record.
Right to an Accounting
- You have the right to request a list accounting for any disclosures of your health information we have made, except those disclosures for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations, circumstances which you have specifically authorized disclosure, and certain other exceptions.
- To request a list of disclosures, indicate the relevant period, but in no event more than the last six years (RCW 70.02.020). Contact the Privacy Officer listed below if an accounting is desired.
Right to Request Restrictions
- You may request, in writing, that we not use or disclose medical information about you for treatment, payment or healthcare operations or to persons involved in your care except when specifically authorized by you, when required by law, or in an emergency. We will consider your request and work to accommodate it when possible, but we are not legally required to accept it. We will inform you of our decision on your request. All written requests should be submitted to the Privacy Officer listed below.
Requests for Confidential Communications
- You have the right to request that medical information about you be communicated to you in a confidential manner, such as sending mail to an address other than your home, by notifying us in writing of the specific way or location for us to use to communicate with you.
Tiris J Mjelde
13103 E Mansfield
Spokane Valley, WA 99216